Monday, June 23, 2008

It's rather sobering!

I'm writting this post while sitting here in the Media booth at NorthStar. In 30 minutes Mike & I will be participating in a funeral service. As I look down out of the booth I can see loved ones and friends congregating by the casket. There are also picture boards standing around the front with pictures of his teenage children and his wife. Amongst the sniffling and tears you can hear some faint laughter. Probably remembering all the good times. It's a rather sobering moment for me. I didn't ever meet this man, but just seeing the love that these people have for him really makes me ponder my life. Last night my house was filled with all of our friends from our small group. We had a great time eating, chatting and talking over our current book study. Then afterwards Bonnie & I walked next door to some neighbors house and hung out for a while. It was fun.
Being here today makes me so appreciative of the life, family and friends that God has given me. When you see a family go through something like this one is going through it makes you breathe in a little deeper and really thank the Lord for all of the wonderful people in your life, not the great stuff you have, not the cool toys or how successful you may or may not be. It's the people that Jesus died for that makes life great.
Tomorrow morning we'll be at another funeral, so don't be suprised if you get another sappy blog post from me.

No comments: