So there I was in the TrueNorth service Sunday morning. I'd already sat through the first service in the Compass so with Emilie in tow, I jogged up the hill to sit through the beginning of the 2nd service. I had already been blessed by the worship in the first service so I was not having trouble getting into "the technical mindset" for the True North Service. As Bogguss was doing his superbowl thing, a group of folks came in and filled the seats in the 2 rows around us on the back row. I chose that seat so that Em and I could dart out when the music was over. I had a long list of things to take care of that afternoon and was already busily working down that list in my mind. The room was packed with people and when we had to scoot in, I noticed the guy directly in front of us who had a very "I'm not from around here", look to him. Daniel got the first line of the song out (Great are you Lord... mighty in strength) and the guy dropped to his knees, buried his face in his hands and worshipped. He could have cared less if there was another soul in that room. He was there to meet with God. He was hungry to meet with God. Some of what he was doing must have rolled back to our row because my heart was stirred by the humility and abandon with which he worshipped. It reminded me that the reason we work so hard as a team, is so that we can GET OUT OF THE WAY on sunday mornings. God has an agenda everytime we gather together. We can get so distracted by the process, that we lose sight of the priveledge it is to be a part of God's mighty work. With that in mind, I want to say a special thank you to both teams this past week. You guys and girls got out of the way and it was awesome. As you prepare for the next time you're scheduled, remember the guy on the 2nd to the last row. I know I will never forget him. It is an honor to serve with you!
Lisa
Tuesday, February 5, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
awesome stuff! Yea it is so rewarding for a worship leader, whether you are on stage or not to see and expeirence that kind of recless abandonment during a worship service. You know that guy LIVES those songs and DESIRES to express worship in all that he does, regardless of who is around. DO WE, or do we fall into the familiar pattern of worshiping God in a familar way? I want to DESIRE Him in a new and unfamilar and uncomfortable way. Col 1:15-17
HOW GREAT!!
CH
Post a Comment